Copyright (c) 2014 by Merrick W Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Merrick W -- Blogmeister

me, myself, and I-

by Merrick W teacher: Melanie Transue

R and J Featuring T-Swift

Sing it Out

Taylor Swift plus Romeo and Juliet equals awesome. Think about it the classic play and the popular country star, it’s amazing. In her song, “Love Story”, when she talks about Juliet, is that the same Juliet as in the play? Let’s find out.

The song says "Stay away from Juliet" and Romeo didn’t in the story or in the song. He came back for her in both the song and play. I think the song did a pretty good job depicting Romeo. The rest of the song pretty much refers to how Juliet (Taylor Swift) feels about Romeo having to go away. “Romeo, save me, they're trying to tell me how to feel.” That line is true because when Romeo had to leave in the play, Juliet’s parent for forcing her to marry and love Paris. Again, the lyrics depicted Juliet positively.

Now, the depiction of the characters where accurate but the overall plot between the play and the song were completely wrong. In the song Juliet waited for Romeo to come back and when he did then they married. In the play they got married then he had to leave. Another BIG thing the song left out was that Juliet died in the play but not in the song. Overall the plot depiction was incorrect.

Even though Romeo and Juliet with Taylor Swift sounds amazing, the song is all wrong. I love the play. I love the song. Together it’s just wrong.
Article posted May 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM • comment (2) • Reads 46 • Return to Blog List

WOW! It seems like everybody is doing Taylor's song. Anyways I completely agree with you. Nice blog!
Posted May 26, 2012 at 02:48 PM by • Bobbie K
I like how you connected taylors song to romeo and juliet I didnt think of using that song.
Posted May 23, 2012 at 09:36 AM by • Breanna D