Copyright (c) 2014 by Ashley S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Ashley S -- Blogmeister

-

by Ashley S teacher: Melanie Transue

Love story by Taylor Swift

Ashley Steele

In all kinds of songs genres artists sing songs that have a connection to Romeo and Juliet. The song I chose for sing it out was “Love story” by, Taylor Swift. I chose this song because it can relate to the play Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare. Some artists use the name Romeo and Juliet when they speak of love. The lyrics to love story start with “we were both young when I first saw you”. These lyrics can relate to Romeo and Juliet because they were young when they first saw each other. “On a balcony in summer air”. Relates because Juliet stands on the balcony and Romeo comes to meet her. “See the party, the ball gowns I see you make your way through the crowd and say hello, little did I know.” That lyric relates because Romeo went to the party to meet Juliet for the first time. “So I sneak out to the garden to see you we keep quiet cause we’re dead if they knew”. This line relates because Romeo stayed the night with Juliet an there parents couldn’t find out. “I was begging you please don’t go”. Can relate because Juliet begged Romeo not to leave. “Romeo save me I’ve been feeling so alone I keep waiting for you never come is this in my head?” Relates because when she died Romeo didn’t show up on time. And said, marry me Juliet you’ll never have to be alone.” This can relate because when Romeo found out that Juliet was died he drank a poison to kill him self to. While the song does have a connection to Romeo and Juliet does it actually have an accurate connection to Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet? After looking over this song I say it doesn’t have a accurate connection to Romeo and Juliet. It doesn't because it's just stereotyping Romeo as a boy who falls for a girl which is Juliet. In conclusion this is why” Love story” by Taylor Swift doesn’t really connect to romeo and Juliet.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 06:40 AM • comment (2) • Reads 177 • Return to Blog List

I liked the song you picked. I think the comment you made about sterotyping is so true.
Posted May 23, 2012 at 09:07 AM by • Richard
Ashley I really like to read your sing it out. It’s kind of weird how things in our life now relate to things back then but it’s cool. I also picked this song because it relates the best to the story.
Posted May 23, 2012 at 06:49 AM by • Julia D