Abby L's blog

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

teacher: Tina Jovanovich

This week in geometry we have been going into learning all about special triangle, meaning the 30-60-90 triangles and the 45-45-90 triangles. The first special triangle that I mentioned have three different sides that can all be found if you known one length of the triangles side. I remember that this is the triangles with three different side lengths because it also has three different angle lengths. The next triangle that we looked at was the 45-45-90 triangle which was interesting, and the triangles that I personally liked better, because the rule was easier to remember. Both of the legs equal the same number and the hypotenuse is the leg number times root 2. I also like this triangle better because I can always picture half of a square, so it is easier for me to remember.
Another aspect of geometry that I becoming exciting is our scratch projects. So far I really like where my project is going, in fact I am almost done. My tessellation object looks like a dove, which is really cool. Unfortunately, very suddenly after I had been working on it for a while my main sprite disappeared and I do not know what happened to it. It seems to be invisible even
though I did not tell it to "hide". I am definitely going to go into Ms. J because that could ruin my whole project. I am also looking forward to seeing all of the other projects that people will hopefully show to the class.
The more and more that we get into these special triangles and finding the areas of objects, the more complicated the math seems to get. I think that this would be another reason that I could use to go see Ms. J at lunch tomorrow.