Emma's Blog :)-

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

by teacher: Tina Jovanovich

Hello again!

I'm sure many of you have heard of the Pythagorean theorem, but do you really know what it is? If not, I am here to tell you! This theorem is used to find the area of triangles, where each side corresponds with a letter (A, B, or C). It is as follows:
A squared * B squared= C squared.

Although I learned this last year in algebra, it was good to refresh my memory. Also, this year we are doing more complex things with it, such as finding the area of other shapes. Some of these other shapes include trapezoids, rhombuses, and kites. When it is used in these shapes, it helps find one of the side or diagonal lengths. I really enjoy using this because it is an equation!

Comment with any questions and hope you have a good week!

-Emma