We comtinue to study world history because humans are fascinated about our origins. Everything is the result of something in the past, so we have reason to know. For example, modern american government is based significantly on the Roman republic. My guiding question pertains to Rome: "How did the Punic Wars shape the distribution of power in the Mediterranean?" I learned that because Rome won the wars, we can still see Roman architecture today. Nothing, however, remains of its adversary, Carthage. We continue to study our history because we would go nowhere if we were unaware of our past.

The World History Fair was a huge display of information. I learned that aqueducts actually have a very shallow slope and that human loss was much less significant in the ancient era. I could tell that many hours went into these projects, and I was happy with the result.