Ancient Roman Weapons and Armor Continues
What Weapons and Armor did the Ancient Romans use in The Battle of Ziles?

I really enjoyed this project. I learned alot about the Ancient Romans that I didn't know. The Ancient Romans would always try to better themselves when it came to battles. They would always look at what tactics the enemy was using and put them to use with their own tactics during the next battle. They also looked at the different weapons and armor their enemy used and tried to come up with new weapons and armor using their stuff and the enemies together.

Something I thought was interesting was that Julius Ceasar said Veni, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered). People still use that today as a saying when they have accomplished something. I also learned that Julius Ceasar lead the Roman soldiers to victory in The Battle of Ziles.

Ancient Roman weapons and armor are still used today in a way. For instance, body armor, the police use bullet proof vests. That is a type of body armor. Another one is helmets for football or the swat team, helmets in ancient roman battles were used to protect your head. Same concept with football or the swat team.

As for other 7th grade projects...... I learned that Zeus and Poseidon were actually brothers. They were both gods, Zeus was the king of the gods and Poseidon was the god of the sea.

I have to say this was one of my favorite assignments all year. I really put my mind to it and came out with a great project.

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 10:31 AM • comment • Reads 40 • see all articles