World history effects our lives today by giving us a lot of ideas and tourist attractions. My guiding question was "Why and How were the Great Pyramids of Giza built?" I learned that the Pyramids were built by doing many steps. First, the Egyptians would mine stone blocks, and transport them across the Nile to the Pyramid's building site. Then, the Egyptians would stack the blocks into a pyramid shape making ramps as they went up. Finally, when they started taking down the ramps, they would carve the sides of the pyramid so it would be smooth sided. The most interesting part of this project was when I made my trifold board because I had to spend a lot of time making it. When I made a mistake, I had to find a way to caver it up, which was interesting.

I learned a little bit about the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. I learned that the Hanging Gardens were basically in the middle of the dessert, and that the plants looked like they were hanging from a distance.