Copyright (c) 2014 by Courtney C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Courtney C -- Blogmeister

class 2015

by Courtney C

teacher: Melanie Transue

Turkey Hunting
Gobble. Gobble. The moon is still out. The stars are shining. This is spring turkey season in PA. This is the time of year that the foliage turns green. This is when all the hunters are out and hidden hoping to get the big gobbler. Some things I will tell you about turkey hunting is the things you need. Like guns, calls and camo clothing.
The first thing is the type of gun you need. In spring you need to have a shotgun. My favorite gun is a twenty gauge because it fits me comfortable. You can also use twelve gauges they shoot farther and are faster.
Another thing is calls there are many types. Some of the calls are mouth calls, slate calls and box calls. Hunters use these to call a turkey in close to shoot that big bad gobbler.
Finally the last thing you need is good camo. This is so the turkeys who hav amazing eye sight cannot see you. This betters your chances of getting that bird. There are many places to sit but the best is next to a tree.
In conclusion, some of the things you need are guns, calls and camo clothes. These will all help better a hunters chances of bagging that bird.
Article posted May 3, 2012 at 09:02 AM • comment (2) • Reads 86 • Return to Blog List

I wish I had time to go turkey hunting but normally I work on weekends. This is a great blog I enjoyed reading it.
Posted May 23, 2012 at 07:59 AM by • Zachery V
That's good advice for a turkey hunter. I also use a twenty gauge and it works pretty well except when you're not close enough to the turkey and you miss. Good luck turkey hunting =]
Posted May 16, 2012 at 07:57 AM by • Lauren V