I love the book so far. I think the main idea is how a community with diverse cultures comes together to create a garden. I felt really attatched to the characters when I started reading this book. My favorite character so far would have to be Kim. I think that her story is really touching. I know that I would have a hard time if my dad wasn't around. I think that the garden helped her to fill in the pieces of the puzzle that was left unfinished by her father. She is finding her identity. I didn't like Gonzago as a character as much. I felt like he wasn't as attached to the garden as much as the other characters. Even though he learns a lot from the garden, he is not as important to the development of the garden as the other characters. I am enjoying the book, and the activities that come along with it. I think it is cool that we got to plant tomtato seeds for the Canadian Space Agency, even though I don't have a green thumb! I also enjoyed creating a visual interpretation of the book in technology with a picture quilt. We got to find lots of pictures and compile them into one big picture with little details from the book everywhere you look. I am so happy that the whole school has gotten involved with the all school reads book. Reading this book with the rest of the school is an awesome experience.
Article posted April 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM • comment • Reads 119 • Return to Blog List