Copyright (c) 2014 by Jennifer V Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Jennifer V -- Blogmeister

Jenn Rae's Fresh Blog(:-

by Jennifer V teacher: Melanie Transue

April Free Write

Do you know what May 1st is? Its May Day! One of my most favorite days to celebrate! May day is when you pick many different kinds of may flowers for somebody special in your life. It can be your grandma or grandpa, sister or brother, boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, teacher, priest, or anyone in your life that means a lot to you. May day is a also a good way of telling someone how much they mean to you!

The next best part about May day is what you do with the flowers you have picked for a important person in your life. After the first part about May day is complete you must put them on their door step and make them look very pretty but you must very quiet and sneaky about it so that they don't know who put the flowers there. Next you ring the door bell and quickly and quietly sneak away! The point of this is to surprise this person with may flowers! Everybody likes surprises. Also these flowers will definitely make this person smile witch it always feels nice to make somebody's day.

When I was little my family and I would always celebrate May 1st. We would always go on a really long walk just to find the most interesting and prettiest flowers. After that we would always take them to my grandma and grandpa and my aunt and uncle. They always loved the little surprise of flowers on their door step from somebody.

In conclusion I suggest everybody to be involved in May day. It is a good way to make someone feel special and important. And maybe even you will receive some May flowers from someone who thinks you mean a lot to them!

Article posted April 29, 2012 at 07:11 PM • comment (4) • Reads 52 • Return to Blog List

I did not know the first day of May was so important with the flower picking and the surprise and happiness it brings people.
Posted May 4, 2012 at 10:38 AM by • Travis
Wow! Jen that's so cool. I never knew what May Day was even though I had heard of it. I plan on 'celebrating' May Day every year! great blog! : )
Posted May 4, 2012 at 09:35 AM by • Megyn S.
Jen I have honestly never heard of May day ,but it sounds fun. I think what I would like about may day is just making someones day!
Posted May 4, 2012 at 09:30 AM by • Mackenzie J
I love May Day!! I think it means so much to people when they get special suprises.
Posted May 4, 2012 at 08:06 AM by • Lauren V