My team and I (Taylor, Heidi, and Jonna) wanted to see if volcanic ash would act as fertilizer for our radish seeds. what we did is we had seven cups and we filled up each cup with the same amount of soil then we marked each cup as none, i ml, 2 ml, etc. all the way to 6 ml. of ash. we would water them each 20 ml. of water. near the end of the expirement the cup with 6 ml. of water. without soil the plants have nothing to anchor down in to hold them still from the wind. the soil holds in nutrients left over from surrounding dead plants.

Jansen, Jim. "Why Do Plants Need Soil & Water?" EHow. Demand Media, 12 May 2010. Web. 01 May 2012. <[LINK]>.
Article posted April 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM • comment (2) • Reads 46 • Return to Blog List

the soil ended up working better
Posted May 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM by • hadleig
so i dont really understand which one worked better than the other. did the soil or did the ash work better?
Posted May 2, 2012 at 12:47 PM by • andrewc