Copyright (c) 2014 by Julie Hooper Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Julie Hooper -- Blogmeister

“The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.”
― B.B. King

by Julie Hooper

Nation Ford High School Media Center

Set in the Victorian town of Scree, this imaginative steampunk novel is a winner. Scree is home to Peculiars, people who are have genetic abnormalities resulting in wings or goblinism. Peculiars are shunned by greater society. Lena’s grandmother constantly tells her she inherited her extremely long hands and feet (signs of goblinism) from her father, who left when she was very young. Is Lena’s father a Peculiar? When Lena turns 18, she sets out in search of her father, which turns into a huge adventure. Ultimately about “belonging”, The Peculiars has elements of romance, adventure, science fiction and fantasy all rolled into a rollicking good read!
Article posted April 25, 2012 at 08:50 AM • comment • Reads 145 • Return to Blog List

Media Center Staff Reviews
Student Book Reviews

What are all those people doing in the NaFo Media Center in the morning????