Konark Sun Temple!
My topic is on the Sun Temple in Konark, Orissa. This temple has created change because there is a palm-leaf manuscript recording all the details in the building operations. This provides us with information about how some temples could have been built and educates us on architecture because if the temple was build in A.D. 1250, and is still standing today, then there construction must have been really good. I found out a lot on this temple, including that this temple actually existed... :) My final project is coming along well I just have the display board and visual display left to do. This has helped me question about how this temple was different because there were many facts that were really interesting and different from other temples in this temple. I really want to go to Orissa now and see that temple!!
Article posted April 20, 2012 at 10:38 AM • comment • Reads 53 • Return to Blog List