Me and the three other people in my team decided to see how radishes grow in different lighting. Blacklight (uv- light) VS sunlight. All of us had different ideas on what we thought would happen, all of us exept one thought that they would grow best under the blacklight (uv). The other thought the sunlight would be best. So in the end the blaklight radishes turned out taller but they were droopy and the leafs were different than the sunlight radishes. We belived the blacklight might have made the radishes deformed or messed up. The ones in the sunlight grew really well and bigger and more healthier. Even tho the blacklight/uv-light had smaller wave lenghts, meaning more energy, it still didnt have the healthy growth outcome the sunlight did.

[LINK]
[LINK]
[LINK]
Article posted April 19, 2012 at 12:50 PM • comment (1) • Reads 58 • Return to Blog List

that is interesting so the balck light grew faster but sunlight was healthyer. i think i would use sun light i like your expiriment good job.
Posted April 30, 2012 at 10:44 AM by • justin k