Copyright (c) 2014 by Haley S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Haley S -- Blogmeister

H-Dawg's Blog :D-

by Haley S teacher: Melanie Transue

Clancy the Cat
April Free Write

Once upon a time, there was a kitty named Clancy. Not only was he very plain and gray, aside from his white booted feet, Clancy was also the runt of his litter. His brothers and sisters all took advantage of his being so little and scrawny. Clancy had it rough.
Additionally, Clancy was always last. He was last to eat supper, last to get picked in all the kitty games, and of course, last to be adopted. One day, when Clancy noticed that he didn't have to be last for supper, he realized the reason why. Everyone else had been taken home by little human girls and boys!
"Why?" Clancy wondered to himself. "I'm a good kitty cat! I always let the humans pet me even when they take one of my siblings away instead of me. I always keep my fur soft and clean, since Mama never did that for me. And I NEVER fight with other kitties, or even the puppies, who are REALLY annoying. Why am I always last?" Clancy sat on his little gray haunches and hung his head desolately.
Clancy was tired of this. One Thursday, Clancy decided it was the last chance. "I'll give it one more day. Either someone adopts me today, or I'm running away!" He declared. Unfortunately, Clancy had picked the rainiest and yuckiest Thursday to be his last day. Nobody showed up at all, except the humans who fill the supper dish. Clancy gobbled all the food he could hold in his little tummy and kissed Mama, even though he figured she never really loved him. After that kiss, he ran. He sprinted and tried to jump the fence. He smacked his face on the fence and fell backwards. He picked himself up and turned around.
"Clancy! Where are you going?" Mama trotted over to her embarrassed child. Clancy attempted to hop the fence again, but had the same result as the first time. Mama's trot became a sprint. "Clancy Gregory!" She shouted. She grabbed him by the scruff before he could leap again.
"Let me go, Mama!" Clancy shouted through his tears.
"I will not! Why are you running away?"
"Because I hate my life, and everyone, and everything!"
Mama looked genuinely hurt. "Do you hate me?"
Clancy hesitated. "No, Mama, I don't hate you. I love you. But you don't love me..." he trailed off.
"Clancy!" Mama interjected. "I love you!" Clancy looked less than convinced. Mama licked off his tears and said, "Here. I'll prove it to you!" Mama meowed a wild meow. A few seconds passed, and nothing happened.
"Mama...?" Clancy asked.
Mama shushed him. Just then, a giraffe galloped to the fence beside them and picked up Mama by the scruff and slung her onto his back. He then did the same to Clancy. "Thanks Girard!" Mama shouted. "Now off we go!" Girard the giraffe carried Clancy the cat and his Mama, who loved him all along, as they galloped off into the sunset to spend the rest of their lives, then eight more, happily ever after!
Article posted April 18, 2012 at 07:17 PM • comment (5) • Reads 55 • Return to Blog List

Ok haley the giraffe at the end made my day.
Posted May 4, 2012 at 11:48 AM by • Brodyn B
That is a great story Haley. Very good ending Haley.
Posted May 4, 2012 at 07:43 AM by • Rebecca P
You make the best blogs ever! Clancy is a funny name for a cat.
Posted May 3, 2012 at 02:23 PM by • Jessica Ackley
Personally, I believe Fredrick is a GREAT name for a cat. Also, I like that twist at the end. c[:
Posted May 2, 2012 at 01:34 PM by • Keeley C
Haley first off who would name a cat Clancy. Also, you gave a really good description of him.
Posted April 27, 2012 at 08:25 AM by • Blaise C