7 random facts about me!-

In my plant researched and experiment. Marissa and I did our experiment project on miracle grow and regular soil. We planted flowers in each type of soil. As a result, the regular soil made the plants grow better, faster and healthier. The miracle grow took 5-6 days after the flowers had sprouted in regular soil. we think that the reason why our flowers grew better in the regular soil due to the soil that we got from the high shcool green house. We dont know what nutrients and what kind of soil it is. The greenhouse soil are for plants to grow healthy. So the soil from the greenhouse have a huge role to play in our experiment. We did some researched on our plants and flowe structures that we showed in our presentation. I learned that the reason why our flowers grew towards the light due to photosytheisis. Plant needs as much photosythesis as much as possible so therfore, they grow towards the sunlight. i learned about how seeds are a living organism. They have the embryo to create plants in the future and seeds have some stred energy in themself ready to be planted and sprout. We also researched about flowers structures such as, petal, ovule, ovary, stigma, carpel, etc.

Bibliograhy:

"Flowering Plants." Flowering Plants. Web. Mar.-Apr. 2012.

www.leavingbio.net/FLOWERING%20PLANTS.htm

Jeffrey. "What Do Plants Need to Live?" Kid Scientist, 3 Nov. 2007. Web. 07 Apr. 2012. 

kidscientist.com/58/what-do-plants-need-to-live

Pettebone, David. "What Does A Plant Need To Grow." Catalogs.com. Catalogs.com, 2007. Web. 19 Apr. 2012.

www.catalogs.com/info/garden-yard/what-does-a-plant-need-to-grow.html

Carter, J. Stein Stein. "Photosynthesis." Photosynthesis. 1996. Web. 10 Apr. 2012.

biology.clc.uc.edu/courses/bio104/photosyn.htm

Article posted April 18, 2012 at 01:25 PM • comment (2) • Reads 72 • Return to Blog List

You should explain photosenthises in your blog! I liked your experiment, and your plants grew well! I'm surprised the miracle grow didn't grow the fastest! You know "miracle grow" must not be a miracle...(:
Posted May 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM by • holliem
I never thought that regular soil would grow better plants then miracle grow. I would have thought that miracle grow would have grown better. I liked how you described WHY the plants grew that way. I also liked how you described what type of research you did on the subject. You did a good job.
Posted May 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM by • Heidis