Mukda C. -

Me and the three other people in my team decided to see how radishes grow in different lighting. Blacklight (uv- light) VS sunlight. All of us had different ideas on what we thought would happen, all of us exept one thought that they would grow best under the blacklight (uv). The other thought the sunlight would be best. So in the end the blaklight radishes turned out taller but they were droopy and the leafs were different than the sunlight radishes. We belived the blacklight might have made the radishes deformed or messed up. The ones in the sunlight grew really well and bigger and more healthier. Even tho the blacklight/uv-light had smaller wave lenghts, meaning more energy, it still didnt have the healthy growth outcome the sunlight did.

Electromagnetic Spectrum." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 25 Apr. 2012. Web. 25 Apr. 2012. <[LINK]>.

The Spectrum." The Department of Biodiversity & Conservation Biology. Web. 25 Apr. 2012. <[LINK]>.

Radish." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 19 Apr. 2012. Web. 25 Apr. 2012. <[LINK]>.
Article posted April 18, 2012 at 01:24 PM • comment (2) • Reads 165 • Return to Blog List

I think that the black light did not cause the plant to photosinthesize as well as the sunlight did.
Possibly the black light gave to much energy
Posted May 2, 2012 at 11:15 AM by • Zach
Maybe it didn't do good because the black light doesn't make the plant photosynthesize. I think the only reason it did grow was because it got light from the sides. I like your project but I couldn't tell what your controlled variables were because you didn't say. So I can't say improvements without it being questioned. The reason I like your project is because i never have seen a project like the one you did. Good Job for doing everything including the research. Plz come and visit my blog.
Posted May 2, 2012 at 10:57 AM by • DominicB