My Blog!-

The last few weeks Olivia, Hollie and I conducted an experiment on how Rye grass grows when watered with cold water, hot water, sugar water and salt water. Our prediction to start off this experiment was that the hot and cold water would continue growth like normal, maybe the hot would grow a bit slower. We expected the salt to not grow at all. We thought that because the plant is a land plant, not living by the sea where salt water is present, therefore it would die. The sugar we expected for the rye grass to grow more than usual, because of added nutrients for the plant. This experiment was our back up plan, because of problems gathering materials for our algae experiment. Now, for our results. The hot and cold water grasses grew normally. Very consistently. The salt and sugar water, didnt grow. At all, throughout our whole experiment! We concluded that temperature does not affect the growth of the rye grass, and that because of osmic pressure in the plant, and in the sugared water, it stunted the growth of the grass. the salt waters sodium took out the plants nutrients, and the bi carbonate messes with the plants ability to use photsynthesis. Causing the plant to die!
Resources:
"Ryegrass." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 04 Oct. 2012. Web. 23 Apr. 2012. <[LINK]>.
Resources:
Article posted April 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM • comment (1) • Reads 52 • Return to Blog List

that sucks that your plants died. i would of liked to see the rye grass with the sugar grow. i wonder how i would grow how big or how small it would be.
Posted May 1, 2012 at 01:04 PM by • christopher b

My name is Jonna I'm 13. I'm in eight grade and I'm only 4'9". Pretty short huh? I'm also one of the smartest blondes you will ever meet(: I play Halo:Reach and sometimes COD:Black Ops. I also play Xbox Live. Sh0ck eN Aw3. I play volleyball. I've been to the state capitol to pass a bill to get more music funding to all schools in Washington State through a special license plate purchase. Well, that's me! Check out the girl! Her eyes follow your mouse(: