Weekday experiment to see if volcanic ash would help grow radish plants. We observed and saw that it did. The plant with six ml's of ash grew about three inches more then the one without ash on it. We did have one inaccuracy..... I accidentally knocked over a plant.... That one didn't grow very well. We did make a model volcano and tried to make a simulation of mount saint helens erupting but that didn't work out. Ash holds in Wat and we proved that because whenever we would go to water the plants they would still have water anthem from the previous day. Ash also encourages bacteria which actually helps the plants grow. We also learned that if you put more then four inches of ash on a plant you cam get sick. All in all this was a very fun experiment and we learned a lot.
bibliography: Works Cited
Patrick, Josh. "The Effects of Volcanic Eruption on the Environment." EHow. Demand Media, 11 Apr. 2011. Web. 24 Apr. 2012. [LINK].
"Volcanic Ash—Effects on Agriculture and Mitigation Strategies." Volcanic Ash—Effects on Agriculture and Mitigation Strategies. Usgs, 3 Feb. 2009. Web. 24 Apr. 2012. [LINK].
"What Effect Does Volcanic Ash Have on the Environment? - Curiosity." Curiosity. Discoverycommunications Llc, 2011. Web. 24 Apr. 2012. [LINK].

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM • comment (1) • Reads 59 • see all articles