-

Work 06/15/12
05/16/12
The Force of Friction 05/15/12
Testing Time 05/04/12
Week 7 Blog 05/01/12
Elastic Force & Gravity 04/25/12
Dream Job 04/19/12
Energy 04/17/12
Charging a Battery 03/22/12
Building a Battery 03/19/12

Energy
I learned that in 2010 we used 811 more pounds of carbon than in the 1930s. That is so amazing. It is also scary. We have more cars and less trees than before. But now we have solor powered road lamps. So we have negative and positive affects on the amount of carbon released into the environment.
Insulation helps conserve energy by using less enrgy to cool orwarm a room.
I learned that to be safe with electriciy you need to be careful when you are using electrical appliances. You need to keep things that could dangle into lights out of the way. You need to make sure that only bread is put into toasters. That only electrical plugs are in electrical sockets.
The fuels that put less carbon in our atmosphere are solar power, wind power, andd nuclear power. These kinds of power are unlimited and dont get used up. Other kinds of fuel like oil or coal aren't unlimited and can get used up.
Article posted April 17, 2012 at 09:06 AM • comment • Reads 56 • Return to Blog List