Persuasive Speech Topics
How do you get someone to take action or agree with you? You must have good, logical reasoning so that you can win over. In class, we have been exploring persuasive topics such as athletes' salaries and how comercials convince you to buy things. There are many different topics that you can argue and persuade people about but there is one that would be the most interesting topic to talk about in class. It is if the school year schedule should be year-round and have many more breaks every month or if it should be the way we have it right now- have school all the time but not in the summer with smaller breaks for each season. First of all, it would be a good topic because everyone can relate to it. We are all students and teachers, so sometime or another, we will want more breaks and free time. The two choices in this topic would be very hard to decide between, because it gives equal total lengths of breaks, but some are shorter or more spread out over time. This way, there will be a close to even amount of people choosing either side. In addition, there can be a variety of opinions and reasons for everyone's choice. You could give many reasons for each preference going both ways. This would make it a very exciting debate and would need many persuasive techniques to convince the other side. Overall, even though there are many topics that we could speak on, this topic could be the most interesting.
Article posted April 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM • comment (2) • Reads 41 • Return to Blog List

I like your topic Amy I think that would be really fun to do and i like your point about how we can all relate that's really important
Posted April 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM by • Sofia B.
I love that you went into detail about the persuasive techniques that we did in L.A. You did a really good job! :)
Posted April 18, 2012 at 09:36 PM by • Abbie Lenz