by teacher: Lisa Thomassen

Speech Topics
In my opinion, a good persuasive speech topic would have to be... to read books. I feel that not many people, particularly the male population in our age group, read a lot of books. All they're interested in are bloody video games and whatnot. Books are educational as well as fun. While reading, you are expanding your vocabulary, being exposed to new styles of writing, and just fixing up your writing skills in general. Books don't have to be boring poop, you know. If you have trouble, just ask anyone around you to recommend a good series for you. That's how I find new books to read. Just because you haven't found the right book doesn't mean it's not out there. You just have to keep looking. Finally, reading is exciting. It can take you on exciting adventures. If you delve deep enough into the book, you can actually feel what the character is feeling. Excitement, fear, depression, or just plain neutral. You can even see what the character sees by imagining it in your head. All in all, read. It's a very good idea.
Article posted April 14, 2012 at 08:14 AM • comment (2) • Reads 36 • Return to Blog List

Gabby, you are totally right. I'm here at home trying to get my brother to read a good book, but he is resisting to the bitter end. My sister is trying to learn, but after four years, she won't. We really should try to start a rebellion against illiteracy.
Posted April 23, 2012 at 06:13 PM by • Victor D.
I really like you paragraph. It was convincing and very well planned out.
Posted April 18, 2012 at 09:39 PM by • Abbie Lenz
MONEY for the government 04/05/12
Money 04/04/12
02/10/12
Setting 11/09/11
Fear 11/09/11
09/28/11
YES!!!!! 09/12/11
7th grade school year 08/24/11