Copyright (c) 2014 by Haley T Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Haley T -- Blogmeister

October Free Write-

by Haley T teacher: Melanie Transue

Haley T.

April Free Write: You Only Live Once (YOLO)

Have you ever heard a quote that gave you a whole new perspective on life? One of my favorite sayings sums it all up. “Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and its downs, but it's YOUR choice on whether or not to scream or enjoy the ride.” To me, this quote means, don't hold back, take every opportunity that comes available! Be loud, be obnoxious, be anything you want to be! Do it up, because this is YOUR life…YOUR dreams. YOLO<3 

This was another quote that made me realize that, You Only Live Once, YOLO. I was watching "The House Bunny" the other day.  Shelly, the main character, said something that really made me think. She said, "I know my heart isn't in my head, but the reason I say I feel like my heart just might fall out of my head is because no matter what the situation is, you use logic as well!" I thought long and hard about what she said. Now that I think about it, everything I say and do comes from my heart. I don't listen to what my conscience says. I follow my heart, and so far, it has never led me wrong.

Keep your hopes up high and keep an open heart. Don’t let it fall out of your head! Always follow your heart, and you can do whatever you set your mind to. My point is, you only live once so make your roller coaster ride worth the while. At the beginning, it seems scary. When you reach the top of the tracks, you feel a moment of relief. Brace yourself for that rush of adrenaline when the roller coaster moves forward and scares you half to death by plummeting to upside down spirals. I hope you scream, but never forget to enjoy the ride! YOLO(:

Article posted April 13, 2012 at 12:49 PM • comment (5) • Reads 87 • Return to Blog List

I agree with you about having fun but, its definitely over used. I also agree with keeping your hopes high and your heart open.
Posted May 31, 2012 at 08:33 PM by • Bethany R
I don't know why, but this post made me think of how when we go to Dorney I plan on riding scary roller coasters that way I can scream YOLO on the way down.
Posted May 4, 2012 at 10:33 AM by • Allyssa H
I like that, but the YOLO one is deffintely over used. I just try to live my life.
Posted May 4, 2012 at 06:37 AM by • Hailey B
That'swhy I try to keep my hopes up.
Posted April 30, 2012 at 12:27 PM by • Timothy Crego
Haley I really like your blog. It makes a lot of sense and good understanding. You're right, you only live once.
Courtney B
Posted April 27, 2012 at 09:03 AM by • Courtney B