We dissected a chicken wing in science before spring break because we would get to see the muscles and tendons in a real thing that was once living. I also think that we dissected the chicken wing so we could get to see the tendons and muscles of the inside of an animal. I think that it was worth while because now I know what the muscles and tendons of a chicken look like. I learned what the tendons and muscles look like and I also learned that if you pull on certain muscles that different parts of the chicken wing will move. Moving the different muscles was fun because other parts would move and it was kind of weird but also interesting.
There were certain things that I did not like about the dissection. I did not like pulling the skin off because it was difficult to pull it off. We did not have any sharp objects so we had to use our hand and blunt little poking objects to get the skin off. I also did not like the worksheet that we had to do. It asked questions about what was inside the chicken wing and what they looked like. I thought it was boring and long and time consuming.
Article posted April 7, 2012 at 06:43 PM • comment (1) • Reads 49 • Return to Blog List

Sometimes worksheet are like that, but at least the other part was good!
Posted April 12, 2012 at 04:24 PM by • Mrs. K