-

by teacher: Lisa Thomassen

Pro Athletes' Salaries
Some time in our lives, everyone has seen some type of professional sports. We all hear about them on the news and how much they get paid. Some would say that they are paid what they're worth, but I say they are overpaid for what the contribute to the society. First, these "stars" just play a game. Sure it's entertaining, but it is "not nearly as needed as other occupations." Don't fans have anything better to do, anyway? Next, professional athletes are paid more than even the president of the U.S.A. Even the salaries of a teacher, a doctor, a firefighter, and a surgeon combined wouldn't amount to the large sum athletes are paid. Last, some teenagers find that a sport is an eaier way to get an amazing job, without all the work before-hand. Meaning teens WILL drop-out of school if they see the oppurtunity to get out of all the work and have some fun (and get paid for it). Maybe pro athletes are paid lots to keep them happy and away from other teams but that doesn't excuse the large sum of money being wasted on one individual. For many reasons, stated in this blog, pro athletes are paid WAY too much.

I used a quote from the passage: Do Professional Athletes Get Paid Too Much? by Justin Hjelm
Article posted April 4, 2012 at 09:27 AM • comment (1) • Reads 34 • Return to Blog List

Im stalking you Amanda. By the way all pro athletes get paid to much, besides the baseball players! Rememeber that! Oh yeah, good job your paragraph. Its writen really well and I like all the big girl words.
Posted April 18, 2012 at 08:20 PM by • Ruth D.