teacher: Lisa Thomassen

Are Pro Athletes Paid too Much?
We have recently read an artical in LA about the salaries of pro athletes called"Do Professional Athletes Get Paid Too Much?" by Justin Hjelm. The artical states that most pro athletes get paid over 2 million dollars, compared to the people who save lives every day like surgeons that get paid 182,690 dollars. The artical also staits that when the athletes salaries went down due to a problem in the leage that the athletes complained. One even complained about how he could not pay for the insurence for his EIGHT cars. I mean really who needs EIGHT cars!!!! This shows that when the pro football, basketball, baseball, and other athletes lose their money to live the good life thet freak out and say they are going to go bankrupt. Another fact is that the people finding a cure for cancer get paid not even half of what the pro athletes get paid!!! We need entertainment but the cost should not be high. In conclusion I think that pro athletes get paid way too much money for what they are worth!!

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 08:39 AM • comment (1) • Reads 36 • see all articles