The Ernest Green Story: My Perspective

I think that there are many things that the children do in Ernest Green that I could never do myself. Going to the school in the first place would be one of them. Another would be not acting violantly towards the acts of intolerance. My overall reaction to this movie was something like this: "Wow. How could the world have been so different only a few years ago?!" One of the reasons for this reaction is that I think this society has improved enourmously in the subject of intolerence. You see some, if any, behavior like that, but never as much as in the movie. With that said, we still have to deal with such behavior everywhere. For example, there are still highly racist people all of over the world, and not only against Negros. Why do you think soccer players still hoist "Stop Racism" banners before games?  Food for thought.

Article posted April 1, 2012 at 07:36 AM • comment • Reads 35 • Return to Blog List