Copyright (c) 2014 by TW Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
TW -- Blogmeister

6th period Spring 2013

by TW

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games
By Suzanne Collins

In the distant future, North America has collapsed, weakened by drought, fire, famine, and war to be replaced by Panem, a country divided into the Capitol and 12 districts. Each year two young representatives from each district are selected by raffle to participate in The Hunger Games. Part entertainment, part brutal intimidation of the districts, the televised games are broadcast throughout Panem. The 24 participants are forced to eliminate their competitors, with all citizens required to watch. When 16-year-old Katniss' young sister, Prim short for Primrose, is selected as the mining district's female representative, Katniss volunteers to take her place. She and her male competitor Peeta, will be up against bigger, stronger representatives from other districts who have trained for this their whole lives. If Katniss wins, her family will be taken care of and her District will receive the additional food that it desperately needs to survive. In this journey Katniss learns about courage, which she showed greatly when she stepped up for her sister Prim at the reaping. Katniss is a great character as well as big sister.
Article posted March 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM • comment (3) • Reads 44 • Return to Blog List

Nice Summary! There were a few details that we didn't need to know though
Posted March 29, 2012 at 10:20 AM by • FR7
I liked your paragraph but you didn't really write about the theme you just wrote about the characters.
Posted March 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM by • JJ
It was a great summary, but we were supposed to write about the THEME :) What was it?
Posted March 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM by • MM