Copyright (c) 2014 by Leah O Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Leah O -- Blogmeister

Leah's page!

class 2015

by Leah O

teacher: Melanie Transue

The Problem With This...Homework Thing.

March FreeWrite:The Problem With This...Homework Thing.

Think of something you spend time on on a daily basis. Did you think of homework? For my FreeWrite I chose to write about online homework. In the 21st century, with technology becoming more advanced and  popular, some teachers like to assign blogs on the internet. Though this may seem like a wonderful creative idea, it can be very inconveinient (and sometimes painful) for the students.

Firstly, not all students have access to a computer. While it may be assumed that EVERYONE has the internet, that is simply not true. With the absence of internet, they are told to do it during study halls. Some students don't have study halls. Also, when there are studyhalls, it's hard to do all the work because you have other things you have to get done. Sometimes there isn't even a computer. Since it's something everyone has to do, teachers should consider from everyone's position. This problem could be solved if the school provided ipads,but sadly we don't have that privilage.  

Another reason why online homework is not the best idea in the world is because, in my opinion, it is not the best way to learn. Typing a quick blog about anything on your mind doesn't really prepare us for class. I would learn more from reading or writing. Honestly, this blog stuff bores me to death. Then, you read other students attempt at a blog, and find that they tried almost as hard as you did. Which would be next to nothing. Blogging is something people do in their free time, not schoolwork. In short, I think the teachers have a little higher veiw of blogging then the students do. Of course, it just schoolwork and it doesn't really matter what they think. It's worth considering though since they are the ones that have to complete it.

Article posted March 27, 2012 at 09:04 PM • comment (5) • Reads 34 • Return to Blog List

Leah, I also agree with you. Its just a big inconveince and most kids dont try.
Posted May 9, 2012 at 06:44 AM by • Sabrina C
Leah that is so true. People would think that blogging would be cool or creative, but it's not. Blogging is such an inconvience.
Posted May 4, 2012 at 07:30 AM by • Rebecca P
I would do online schooling. I like blogging because it's the only thing thaat makes my English grade to go up, and it's alot eisier.
Posted April 23, 2012 at 12:36 PM by • Timothy Crego
Leah I have to agree, bloging isn't the best thing to do.I also believe that your right about doing homework online.
Posted April 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM by • Emily K
I like what you wrote in you bog. I agree bloging is really boring.
Posted March 30, 2012 at 11:47 AM by • Courtney Chew