read ever day class!-

Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

by teacher: Mrs. Freitas

How Jr.Iditarod Keeps the Racers and Dogs Safe
Do you know how Jr. Iditarod protects their dogs when they are racing? Well, if you don’t know how they do it you should really read this.
One way Jr. Iditarod keeps the dogs and racers safe is they have check points. At each check point there are people that check the dogs and racers and make sure they are ok. If someone has not been to the next check point they send out people to try to go find them. At the half way check point the racers and their dogs rest for ten hours so they can prepare and get more energy. That is one way how they keep them safe.
Another way Jr. Iditarod keeps the dogs ok is they bring the food to the racers. If they did not do this maybe the racers would go a lot slower and it would take longer and more energy to race. The time they give the food to the dog and racers is at the half way point. That was another way they keep the dogs and racers safe.
The last way Jr. Iditarod keeps the racers and dogs safe is they give the dogs booties. Booties are things that you put on dogs feet. The reason they put them on the dogs feet is when the dog’s feet are cracked when they are racing. That is the last way Jr. Iditarod keeps the dogs safe.
Well, I hope you learned a lot on how Jr. Iditarod keeps the dogs and racers safe when they are racing. Thanks for reading this!

Article posted March 26, 2012 at 10:21 AM • comment • Reads 45 • Return to Blog List