In my class we did an experiment to pretend we had a lunch and we had to figure out how many miles our lunch traveled to get to us. The first category is drink and I chose milk. The milk we chose came from Sequim and it traveled 26.2 miles to Port Hadlock. Next category was bread and we picked whole grain bread that came from Montana to Seattle which is 720 miles then from Seattle to Port Hadlock was 48 with a total of 768. Next category was protein and we chose hamburger and it came from Tenino to Shelton which took 35.5 miles then from Shelton to Port Hadlock it took 110 miles which in total is 145.5. Next was other filling and we chose red bell pepper and it was home grown. Next was fruit and veggies and we chose apple and from Yakima valley to Seattle it was 144 miles then from Seattle to Port Hadlock it was 48 miles which in total is 192. Last was snack and we chose potato chips which were from Grant County WA to Vancouver WA and that is 295 then Vancouver to Olympia is 105 Olympia to hadock was 97 miles which total was 497. The total miles was 1628.5 and the total for the whole meal which 6028 pounds of carbon it produced.
Article posted March 22, 2012 at 11:27 AM • comment • Reads 231 • Return to Blog List