c) What were the causes of World War I? How are those similar or different from the causes of The Battle of the Five Armies? Did the real war or the imaginary one end up better? How so?

World War I was caused by the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary in Sarajevo. The assasin Gunned him on June 28, 1914 and was apart of a terrorist organization in Serbia. It was believed by Austria-Hungry that Serbia's government was behind the assassination. This is the main cause of World War I.

The cause of the fictional war "War of Five Armies" was simply gold. That is all it was. the five different armies just wated to get all the priceless jewellry, jewells and gold from inside Lonely Mountain. This war only lasted one day where as World War I lasted 4 days.

The fictional war was better because it only lasted 1 day and not as many people got killed.
Article posted March 20, 2012 at 10:24 AM • comment • Reads 57 • Return to Blog List