Perserverance

It is truly appalling to me that humans would do that to one another. That situation must’ve taken a lot of courage to get through.  I cannot imagine having to go through something like that that every single day. Having a mob yell at you just for going to school had to have been scary. Receiving death threats and hearing all the discrimination was probably extremely difficult to deal with. Placed in the situation, I honestly don’t know what I would’ve done.  I don’t know if I would’ve had the courage to fight on. Granted, we all have a little courage, but none of us have the courage that was possessed by The Little Rock Nine. Every day of their life was a battle. And yet, they did not hate others for it, but merely accepted it and kept trudging forward.
There is still some discrimination today with people from the Middle East. Most people think of them as terrorists when really, not a lot of them are. I honestly think a person is a person no matter how different they are or even where they come from.

Article posted March 18, 2012 at 05:41 PM • comment • Reads 48 • Return to Blog List