Copyright (c) 2014 by darnella Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
darnella -- Blogmeister

macro

8th gr - Per 2

by darnella

The Battery Project
We made batteries a few days ago. We made it out of zinc strips, copper strips, blotter paper, a grain of wheat lightbulb and something called copper sulfate solution. We assembled the the zinc strip, copper strip, blotter paper and grain of wheat lightbulb all together and put it in the copper sulfate solution. We bent the ends of the zinc and copper strips and put the the blotter strip in between and held it on with rubber bands. I remember we duct taped two little wires that were connected to the lightbulb to the two strips. We placed the assembly into the copper sulfate solution and the lightbulb lit up. When we put onto a paper napkin it flickered and then never lit up again; even when we put back in the solution. What I can conclude from this is it's not always the same effect in the same scenario.
Bye....
Article posted March 16, 2012 at 03:18 PM • comment • Reads 41 • Return to Blog List