Copyright (c) 2014 by RS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RS -- Blogmeister

Rachel's Writing World

Grade 5 Students

Welcome to our grade 5 teacher and student weblog. We attend Nettleton Elementary School in Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.A. Check out our site to learn about our classroom, read our writings and give us some feedback. To add comments, just click on the comment link below a post. If you comment, please tell us who you are and where you are from. Your comments need teacher-approval before they show up on the blog. Our class likes to follow a blog comment recipe. You can write about something you saw or heard, something you liked, something to add or fix, or a question to make the writer think.

by RS

teacher: Jay Monson, Grade 5 Teacher

He grinned. Not the quiet kind of grin. An ear-to-ear grin that almost popped his pimples. I could only hope I didn’t scream again. He was probably as scared of me as I was of him. I mean, if I was him I would be afraid of me. I’m not real good at making first impressions on people I don’t know.
To my surprise, instead of fleeing, he started to laugh. He laughed and laughed and laughed. He actually rolled on the floor, snorting with his laughter. His face was turning red and I thought he might blow up, but luckily, Camilla and Zachery’s father came in. Camilla was clutching some papers she must have printed out from the stock market. Zachery sobered the minute his father came in.
“Zachery, this is no way to behave in front of her.” His father said sternly, with a look of disappointment crossing his face. “Remember that Lego set you wanted? I promised you could design whatever you wanted on that website, but only if you behave.
A look of pure desire crossed Zachery’s face. I could tell he liked Legos. I guessed he would build an empire and his father’s bill would go up, but I could tell his father would do anything to make him behave.
His father shot an apologetic look at Camilla and me. It was just the thing Camilla would have done with me, but I wasn’t into Legos.
“Should we start the process?” Zachery’s father asked, rubbing his hands together like it would be a real treat. To my surprise Camilla jumped up and replied, “Not with Alia looking like this!”
She rushed me into the bathroom and began dressing me in an over-frilly dress. I peeked at Zachery as she rushed to the bathroom and I saw a look of impatience and fear. Zachery was actually afraid of saving me. All he had to do was figure out my pass code. I had a feeling he had broken into a lot of his father’s devices before.
Still, I had to remember he had a father who was a little obsessive and he really really wanted that Lego set. I would be scared too.
“Camilla”, I said. “How about we just forget this whole thing about Zachery and me and just let him leave with his dad and forget about him. Wipe him away. Overlook the whole thing. I think he would like that.”
Camilla froze in the middle of straightening my hair. She stared at me. When the bathroom started to smell of singed hair, she brought the straightener away and scolded me.
“Now look what you’ve done Alia. You can’t go and meet your Prince Charming with burned hair! Zachery won’t accept that.”

look for part 10!
Article posted March 16, 2012 at 10:06 AM • comment • Reads 63 • Return to Blog List

My name is Rachel. I am ten yeas old and in fifth grade at Nettleton. I have four chickens as pets and love to play soccer.