Copyright (c) 2014 by RS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RS -- Blogmeister

Rachel's Writing World

Grade 5 Students

Welcome to our grade 5 teacher and student weblog. We attend Nettleton Elementary School in Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.A. Check out our site to learn about our classroom, read our writings and give us some feedback. To add comments, just click on the comment link below a post. If you comment, please tell us who you are and where you are from. Your comments need teacher-approval before they show up on the blog. Our class likes to follow a blog comment recipe. You can write about something you saw or heard, something you liked, something to add or fix, or a question to make the writer think.

by RS

teacher: Jay Monson, Grade 5 Teacher

I shook her and she started. I stepped back afraid she would get angry, but instead she hugged me.
“Should I call for dinner?” Camilla asked me. “I’m sure they would still serve two hours later than normal time.” Two hours! That meant I had been in the kitchen for four hours! I shook my head and ran up the spiral staircase to my room. I was more used to the spiral staircase, and running up it was natural for me now.
I lie on my bed and fell asleep almost instantly. I woke up in the middle of the night. All was black around me. Someone was poking me. I groaned and rolled over. Then I heard Camilla’s voice.
“Maybe we should let her sleep. She stayed up late last night.”
“Of course we shouldn’t. She is my destiny.” This was a boy’s voice. It sounded a bit like Zachery’s father’s voice, just higher.
Suddenly everything was light. Someone must have taking my beauty sleep mask off. I was staring straight into the face of a pimply boy about my age with thick horn-rimmed glasses. He was what you would call a dork. I screamed. Why did Camilla think I had any future at all with this dork? Sure, his father might have half a billion dollars and the most successful business in town, but this? This was going too far.
I would not; WOULD NOT let Camilla decide this for me. I just would not let this guy save me from what Camilla called certain fate. I have always been afraid of super smart people. It was only a matter of time before he gave me a physics lesson.
I tried to get out of bed, but I was too tangled in the covers. I am a really restless sleeper, and usually I take five minutes just to untangle myself. I really didn’t want to rip the expensive silk sheets, but if you have a pimply guy standing over you that is your so-called savior, you wouldn’t mind what material the sheets were.
The problem with my brilliancy was that the silk sheets that Camilla buys are also very strong and can’t be ripped by a thrashing child of my age. I thrashed, not thinking, for a minute until I was worn out. Now I realize that I must have looked like a fish out of water, but my only thoughts then were to get away from Zachery.

Look for part 9!
Article posted March 16, 2012 at 10:03 AM • comment • Reads 64 • Return to Blog List

My name is Rachel. I am ten yeas old and in fifth grade at Nettleton. I have four chickens as pets and love to play soccer.