Copyright (c) 2014 by B Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
B -- Blogmeister

2011-2012

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by B

teacher: Derek Milloy

Cole Matthew felt life is unfair because of his home life. During his stay at the Island, he learned that you need the will to survive and life is what you make it to be and to celebrate life. He learned to reflect and anger is a memory that you can never forget and he learned to forgive. He had learned to help others and that made him feel good about himself, which reminded me of How full is your bucket. He also learned how to be invisible, and by invisible I mean he couldn’t be sensed because he cleared his mind and when he cleared his mind he could see the spirit bear.

What I learned from this book is that no matter how hard and unfair life could be, life is wonderful. There are so many good things in this world, and sometimes people forget all the good in their life and just focus on the negative. I also learned that helping others is rewarding to others and to me.

These lessons are important because you can use it in your later life and they can help others as well as yourself.
There are a few events in the story that show these lessons are important. The first event was when Edwin told cole to break the left end of the stick because he told him that the left end is his anger but Cole realized that there would always be a left end. The second event to show these lessons are important when Cole was at the care centre Rosy said “,helping others can help heal the wounds of spirit”. The third event was when Garvey made his hot dog, he put lots of toppings on it and he said “,Life is a hot dog” which means life is what you make it.

I feel this book really opened up my eyes on seeing how important life is and how you should celebrate it.
Article posted March 15, 2012 at 05:53 PM • comment (1) • Reads 216 • Return to Blog List

I liked how you really emphasized what cole learned. My only wish is that you told us a little bit more about the life is like a hotdog quote. Great job!
Posted April 11, 2012 at 08:43 PM by • Cora