NUMBER 11-

THE END!!!!!! 05/15/12
Process on my project 05/10/12
WHF 05/10/12
International towne 05/10/12
I wish 04/08/12
practice makes perfect 03/11/12
Science and Cells 03/08/12
Books 02/29/12
Girls basketbal 02/29/12
My favorite quote 01/31/12
2012 01/16/12
Wiki Reflection 12/16/11
Choices,choices 12/15/11
Mystery stories 11/29/11
Books 11/29/11
All About Me 11/29/11
Giving Thanks 11/29/11
blogging 11/06/11
Always Remember 10/27/11
Banned Books 10/02/11
Field Trip 10/02/11

Desegregation

I understand that times were different back then, but I don't believe it was right for black people to be treated different than white people.  Having to go to school with Army troops walking you to class, so that you can be safe is unbelievable.  I am glad that the Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional to have segregation in schools.  Ernest Green paved the road for others.  He was confident with his decision to go ahead and go to school.  He wanted a better education and he said he was going to get one.  Ernest Green was the only senior in the Little Rock Nine and that is why he was the first black person to graduate from Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas.  I think that is the coolest part about him, that made him historical.  I don't know what I would do if I couldn't join any clubs like he couldn't.  He played the saxophone and was not able to play in the band because he was black.  I don't believe people should be judged by the color of their skin, they should be judged by the way they act, talk, etc.  I think that if I was in Ernest Green's position I would have done the same thing and stood my ground to make a difference for future generations.  I don't think I could have gone on without fighting back.  Today discrimination still goes on.  I think it is wrong because not all people are at fault  for being who they are race wise. Every one is different in their own way and race should not be an issue.   Today our society looks at all middle eastern people as being a threat to us because of 911, but not all middle eastern people are out to get us. Just because one bad person does something bad, that doesn't mean that all people in that race are going to do something bad.

Article posted March 15, 2012 at 05:40 PM • comment • Reads 36 • Return to Blog List

Hi, I love to play sports. My favorite sport is soccer, but I also play basketball and volleyball. My least favorite thing to do is chores. My favorite subject in school is math, and my least favorite is social studies. Those are facts about me.