Watching the movie, I was shocked to see just how big of a deal it was for African Americans to simply get into school. To help, I would have talked to the people who were against the desegregation of schools, and try to convince them that it was okay. If I were one of the Little Rock 9, continuing to go to school would be hard, but I know I would still push on because school would lead to a better future. Luckily, things have changed since then and it has become common for African Americans to go to a school. And although some people may still be racist, they can’t do much to change Americas mind about desegregation now. Currently, there are people who are against gays and lesbians, people from different religions, and more. Hopefully, in the future, we can put these discriminations behind us, and look at each other as equals.
Article posted March 15, 2012 at 04:30 PM • comment • Reads 361 • Return to Blog List