When I watched the movie, I was horrified at what the teenagers were going through. If I was put in their shoes, I think I wouldn't be able to "survive" at first, but yet grow stronger by the end of the year because I would already be used to it, and it would still hurt, but it wouldn't be as big of a surprise. However, I don't think I would have the courage to fight back, mainly because I'm more of a background person, not the main character. I think it was unfair that the blacks were treated so badly. What did they ever do wrong? I think that some things have changed, but a lot of whites still put more pressure on blacks to prove themselves good. Also, we still have blacks and whites, which makes us seem like to different things, sort of like a lion and a rabbit. It's really not true, the only thing that's different between whites and blacks is skin color.
Article posted March 15, 2012 at 04:07 PM • comment • Reads 54 • Return to Blog List