Copyright (c) 2014 by Logan A Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Logan A -- Blogmeister

-

by Logan A teacher: Melanie Transue

Ashley S.

Construction Theory-Deconstruction
“Rolling in the Deep”
By Adele

“There's a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch and it's bring me out the dark
Finally I can see you crystal clear
Go ahead and sell me out and I'll lay your ship bare

See how I'll leave, with every piece of you
Don't underestimate the things that I will do
There's a fire starting in my heart

The scars of your love remind me of us
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless
I can't help feeling”

These are the first three versus of “Rolling in the Deep,” by Adele. A deconstructionist would celebrate this song because there are a lot of symbols and connotations.

One reason a deconstructionist would celebrate this song is because it has symbols. The first symbol I see is in the line, “There's a fire starting in my heart.” It symbolizes how she feels. She feels as if a fire has started in her heart because he broke it.

Another reason a deconstructionist would celebrate this song is because it has connotations. The first connotation I see is in the line, “Reaching a fever pitch and it's bring me out the dark,” because she doesn’t want to keep how she feels inside anymore. She wants him to know how she feels.

In conclusion, a deconstructionist would celebrate the song, “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele because there are a lot of symbols and connections.

Works Cited:
"Adele Rolling In The Deep Lyrics." Rolling in the Deep Lyrics. Web. 05 Mar. 2012. <[LINK]>.
Article posted March 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM • comment • Reads 45 • Return to Blog List