All about Michael M

Punxsutawney Phil, if you're wondering who it is like I did, he is a groundhog that comes out of its burrow to see if it can see its shadow. If it can't see its shadow then he will go back in its burrow and that means 6 more weeks of Winter. On Febuary 2, an early morning ceremony happens at a place called "Gobbler's Knob". When Phil has made his decision, legends say that he speaks to the president of the ground hog club in a secret language called Groundhogese. A special group called the inner circle keeps good care over Phil year-round. Phil has been sharing its predictions with the world for 120 years. Since groundhogs only have a life for 10 years or so, scientists tell us that there have have been more Phils throughout the decades.

If a farmer believes this tradition then it might effect when he plants its crops. If he thinks there is six more weeks of winter then he might not plant his crops in time!!!

Wonder Words

onlookers -Phil emerges from his home, onlookers and newscasters hold their breath waiting to see if Phil will see his shadow.

newscasters -Phil emerges from his home, onlookers and newscasters hold their breath waiting to see if Phil will see his shadow.

Captivity -Since groundhogs only have a life expectancy of 10 years in captivity, scientists note there have been many “Phils” over the years.

Hi Bloggers,

Let's extend our exploration of Wonderopolis!

I want you to go to Wonderopolis.org (or use the widget I added below your names) and find an article you REALLY enjoy. Read the article from start to finish... then come back here to complete a little report.

Your Wonderopolis pt. 2 report needs:

-Specific topic of the Wonder

-Interesting things you learned from your reading

-3 of the Wonder Words to know and use WITH your personal definition of the word as it was used in the article

This should be at least a 7 sentence post. Please choose one or more of these ideas to extend your post:

-How the topic you chose affects your every-day life

-How the topic you chose relates to a possible career choice for your future

-How the topic you chose affects the lives of people in other parts of the world.

GOAL: no repeats (from the first Wonderopolis Report OR new ones posted). One way you can do this is by posting the title of the article you choose before you type the whole article.

Article posted March 15, 2012 at 08:27 AM • comment • Reads 51 • Return to Blog List

I love baseball and I have a bearded dragon as a pet its name is lava its a girl. I am 10 years old and I am now charlie in the school musical. My favorite food is stir fry.