Copyright (c) 2014 by Emily B Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Emily B -- Blogmeister

Emily and the Wierd Things She Likes (With Whatever Else Miss Transsue assigns me)

class 2015

by Emily B

teacher: Melanie Transue

“Please Ollie, don’t be so formal! You may look like you’re living in the past, but you don’t have to talk like it.”

Living in the past? He thought about his clothing- and yes, they did seem like they were from an era long gone… but what was so bad about that?  Never mind that, he had much more pressing matters to worry about than outdated fashion.

"I can't help it, that's how I was raised- but never mind that.  Why did you call me Ollie?"  It pained him a little to repeat the pet name given to him by a girl he had just met.

"I give all my younger family members cute nicknames.  It's my unofficial job."

How dull can her life be if she has an unoffical job of giving people pet names?  I had heard that she was unpopular and was difficult to work with... but is it really this bad?  "...I'm sorry, but did you just say 'family members'?  And does that include me?"

"Of course!  All the Vocaloids are my family members- and you have officialy taken the prize of 'most adorable cousin' from Piko."

Oliver smiled nerviously.  Oh joy.  I'm cuter than the robot boy who wears a dress.  ...I have to get rid of her before her wierdness rubs off on me.  "Look, Sonika, about the welcoming..."

"Did I do a good job?  I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomftorable, it's only my first time.  I promise-"

"Miss Sonika, you did a fine job.  Much better than most of the others.  But that's not what I was going to say.  I was going to ask you why you do this."

"That's actually a very interesting story.  A few years back, when Meiko was released, Leon and Lola decided to invite her over to a little party.  I don't know what they did, but it was so fun that they decided to try to do something similar for all the new Vocaloids released from all the companies.  Over the years, it's become a chore to some of us, which is one of the reasons why we take turns... but I didn't feel that way today Ollie."

"That is a very sweet story... as for this meeting being exciting to you: I figured as such.  Your bubbliness seemed much more genuine than anyone else's, and you actually made an effort to have a conversation with me.  Barring some sort of unforseen circumstances, I think we could be really good friends."

She smiled.  "That was my goal Ollie."

And thus ended the first meeting of Oliver and Sonika.  True to their hopes, they are quickly becoming good friends, and hopefully will sing a duet together in the near future.

Article posted March 14, 2012 at 11:54 AM • comment (2) • Reads 85 • see all articles