These days in science, we are reviewing the parts of cells. I know a bit about the parts and what each one does. I like the word 'osmosis' best. The best part so far into this unit was when we wrote the answers on whiteboards. The worst was when... hmm, I don't think there really was a down. I have learned that cells have to have water to perform certain functions, and that only certain things can leave and enter the cell. Also, viruses are considered nonliving, or parasites, because they can't do anything for theirselves unless they're inside a cell. As far as labs, we have done a gummy worm lab, an egg lab, and an elodea plant lab by observing them in different situations and environments. I just took the test on Monday and I feel I did very well. I hope I can finish this unit up by rounding my great A up to a perfect +A. That would be just the way to finish it up.

Article posted March 13, 2012 at 07:27 PM • comment • Reads 73 • Return to Blog List