Copyright (c) 2014 by Adam C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Adam C -- Blogmeister

About me-

by Adam C teacher: Melanie Transue

Construction Theory

The Percy Jackson books are a good example of reader response. Reader response focuses on the reader’s journey and the author’s purpose. The Percy Jackson books follow this theory because the reader can enjoy these books, the books are funny, and the setting is in modern day.
First, the reader can enjoy these books because it’s a good story. The story is well written and the reader will enjoy these books. Reader response also applies to this story because the reader can laugh while reading these books. The story’s setting is in modern day and this allows the reader to connect with the book. These three things focuses on the reader’s journey.
Second, the author’s purpose in this book is to give the reader a good story. The author’s purpose is also to give knowledge about Greek mythology. This happens because the story is about a kid who is the son of a god. The reader learns about Greek mythology because the author put a lot about Greek mythology in these books.
Finally, the Percy Jackson Books focus on the reader’s journey. These books also have a strong author’s purpose in them. The Percy Jackson books are a good example of reader response.

Article posted March 13, 2012 at 01:49 PM • comment • Reads 53 • Return to Blog List