Copyright (c) 2014 by MHEL Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MHEL -- Blogmeister

MHEL

Class of 2012-2013

by MHEL

teacher: Rye 8th Team

My Roman Gladiator Excerpt
This is an assignment that we had to do creating a fictional journal about the life of a gladiator.
This is an excerpt from my journal.

I whip my horses and off I go. I charged at him once then twice and on the third time he killed one of my horses and I fell out. By then I thought I was going to die. I pulled my self off the ground, closed my eyes and threw my spear. I opened my eyes and the spear was in his chest, and he was lying on the ground. The crowd goes wild, I fell to my knees and yell I WON!
I headed back to the training area so proud of myself. My lanista said I did good but not good enough. He said he wants to make me a champion, to defeat everyone. So I trained and trained. So many painful hours and days.
My next fight came I was fighting a myrmillo gladiator, he is equipped with a dagger, shield, leg bands and a helmet. I won that one to.
The next guy I fought was a samnight. His equipment is a helmet. sward and a large shield. I won again.
Article posted March 8, 2012 at 08:25 AM • comment • Reads 38 • Return to Blog List