Copyright (c) 2014 by ARRO Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
ARRO -- Blogmeister

ARRO

Class of 2012-2013

by ARRO

teacher: Rye 8th Team

In social studies class we are learning about Rome and Roman gladiators. We had to write a journal for a roman gladiator and pretending that we are the gladiator, this is an excerpt from my journal.

I am learning what I have to do to become a gladiator. You have to take an oath. The oath meant the owner of his troupe had unlimited sanction of the gladiators life. Some Romans believe the first gladiator was a slave. We are being sent to Ludus gladiators to train. I am being trained by Lanista or a retired gladiator. I have to practice with a wooden sword because I am not trusted with a real one. I also have to practice on a man of straw. If we do not practice hard enough we get whipped, that has not happened to me yet. If a gladiator dies during training, trainer would charge sponsor to replace. The gladiators fight to the death too. Unless you raise your left hand, then you can have an imperial decision. We are subjected to a rigorous training. We are fed on a high-energy diet. Expert medical attention was given to the gladiators. Gladiators were paired against opponent in same style were uncommon. The most common were contrasted advantages and disadvantages.
Article posted March 7, 2012 at 07:28 PM • comment • Reads 159 • Return to Blog List