-

5th grade class learning with technology.

by teacher: Nancy Crosby

So a story about something that has changed in my life. That’s a hard one but I think I can manage it. Well something that has changed in my life is when I started playing travel ball. I was used to little league where you couldn’t lead off or steal when the pitcher hasn’t even let go of the ball. But you can do all of that stuff in travel ball. So I had been practicing with a travel team called the Hurricanes. It’s was really confusing to me at first we would be picking kids off and I had no idea how to. I just stood there watching. But my coach eventually taught me how I was getting just as good as some of the kids on there. Which have been playing travel ball for 4 years. When we went to my first tournament in Elk Grove, California I was a little worried that I would make a ton of mistakes. Especially when I was batting because we had some signs that I was like why is this guy waving his hands all around. But I went 3 for 3 in my first game 3 for 4 in my second game. But I was lead off batter for my team and twe were playing a team that was super good. They were the Sacramento blue devils and I hit a ball way out in the gap between right and center field. By the time I hit third base they had just got the ball. I got an inside the park home run. That gave me a little confidence. I ended up doing really well I really liked my coach and my team. But a week after that tournament our coach quit coaching us. I was really sad. And guess what our new coach was my brother’s team coach. And he yelled a lot I had to get use to that but I am not going to get into that story.
Article posted March 7, 2012 at 06:49 PM • comment (3) • Reads 78 • Return to Blog List

Hey Reece nice job but before I comment I have to say that on my last blog that you talked about how you have get up at 6:oo Well same here. I ment I had to be at Mt.Rose By nine.

Well Any way let's get onto the blog. I play soccer and when we go to tournaments in Nevada we always win But they are Harder in Calafornia. But It's Tottaly diffrent with swimming just like soccer the Nevada meats arn't all that hard butt the swimmers in Calafornia are crazy fast!!!!!. My time in the hundred fly is an 1:14 and ther are eight year olds that are the same or faster.
Gret blog Bye.
Posted March 21, 2012 at 09:32 PM by • Seamus
Just answering on Sydney's question I am not commenting on myself. And yes we are good. We have won 4 championships. 2 california and 2 in Nevada. Which the tournaments in Nevada are really easy.
Posted March 16, 2012 at 10:02 AM by • Reece
That's good that you like your new coach and team. That same experience happened to me when I had to get pulled out of my karate school, even though we didnt find a new one I started basketball and dance and I might start ballets and volleyball. Is your team good? Have you ever been to a championship game?
Posted March 14, 2012 at 05:09 PM by • Sydney