Copyright (c) 2014 by Mari H Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mari H -- Blogmeister

-

by Mari H teacher: Melanie Transue

The smoke is rolling. The engines are running. The month of March is the long awaited time for farmers. The farmers have the hardest life because they work countless hours, equipment breakdown and the crops should be planted.
First of all one reason why their life is the hardest because they work countless hours. They work on somedays for sixteen to eighteen hours a day. They do all this in the field and in the barn taking care of animals. This leaves them little time to sleep. Also, they have to watch the cattle to see if a calf is being born. The calf needs lots of attention in the twelve hour period where they can contract diseases.
Another reason why it is hard to make it as a farmer is equipment breaks down. On top of all the hours the cost and labor it takes to fix all the equipment they barely get by. The equipment takes a beating in the rough fields were the farmers spend most of their time. The time they spend in the field usually from May to September depending on the weather.
Finally the last reason why farmers have the hardest life is all the crops have to be planted. The crops farmers plant help the animals that they take care of. The crops they plant are oats, corn, alfalfa and many other types of crops. These crops will get sprayed with different chemicals to help them grow and make a healthy animal someday.
In conclusion farmers have the hardest life because the countless hours they spend in the barn and in the field, all the equipment that breaks down and all of the crops that have to be planted. That is why farmers have the hardest life.
Article posted March 7, 2012 at 08:58 AM • comment (4) • Reads 56 • Return to Blog List

This is really good Blaise. I agree with you that farmers live a very hard life.
Posted May 4, 2012 at 07:16 AM by • Kali C.
I'm sure you work really hard Blaise. Farming to you you take it really seriously.
Posted May 4, 2012 at 06:25 AM by • Bethany R
This is a good story about farmers. This is also 100% true.
Posted April 4, 2012 at 06:25 PM by • Zachery V
Farming seems like really hard work. It also seems like it involves having a lot of luck.
Posted March 15, 2012 at 08:29 AM by • Chris C