Cells, Cells, and More Cells

In science class, we are exploring cells. Some of the topics we are exploring are the organelles and their functions and how the cells reproduce. My least favorite part of this unit is how we have to memorize all the complicated cell organelle names and the organelles’ functions. I thought it was cool to look through a microscope and see a whole new world of living things that I haven’t seen before. I also enjoyed the hands on aspect of the labs that we did. My favorite was the Cells Lab where we examined all different types of cells. Plant, animal and bacteria cells are all different from each other, and we are starting to discover the differences between them. Finally, we are learning about viruses as well. They are not cells or living things, but they attack cells. Science is really fun when you get to explore just like we are doing now.

Article posted March 5, 2012 at 05:13 PM • comment • Reads 40 • Return to Blog List